YMCA of the Sandhills is proud to serve our military families who call Fort Bragg home by offering no cost membership to qualified individuals.
Wounded Veterans & Gold Star Families (Project Responsibility)
We want to give back and support our nation's heroes. Project Responsibility provides free membership to wounded veterans who are Purple Heart recipients and Gold Star families. Project Responsibility Membership began in 2013 through a partnership with a local veterans' charity. Your local YMCA now funds all outreach to wounded veterans and has continued to exand our services to build healthy spirit, mind, and body for those who served America. Group support is also available through programs such as Warrior Wellness, check out the Program Guide for more information.
Who is eligible for Project Responsibility?
• Active duty, reserve, national guard, or veteran Purple Heart recipients with a documented VA disability rating.
• Gold star spouse or dependent of service member who died in service to our nation.
What do I need to do?
• Fill out and bring membership appliction and any other required documentation to the YMCA for enrollment.
Military Families (DOD Title 10)
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
Who is eligible for membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
• Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
• Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
• Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
• Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
* The service member is on active duty.
* The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
* The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
* Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
1. Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com or 800- 342-9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
2. Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to a participating YMCA for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.
Y NEWS AND EVENTS
Membership Special: Pay the Day
Sign up in January and your total cost to join equals the day of the month! At the Y your membership means more, you have joined a movement that strengthens our community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
Partnering With the Community!
The YMCA and the Cape Fear Botanical Garden partner together to provide "Yoga in the Garden" every Wednesday evening at 6 PM. Classes take place at the Botanical Garden and are free to both YMCA and Botanical Garden members. Call (910) 486-0221 to register ahead of time.
Kids Night Out
Join us on February 18 from 6-10 pm at the Fayetteville Branch YMCA for a festive Kids Night Out event! Pre-registration is required, click here to register online.
Lifeguards for Hire
The Y is hiring for summer 2017 certified Lifeguards in the Fayetteville/Fort Bragg area. Apply today!