CLASS OR PROGRAM CANCELLATION:
All classes, programs and scheduled activities are subject to minimum enrollment and may be changed with limited noticed. All participants will be notified if schedule changes occur. Programs or activities requiring paid registration are eligibile to be refunded if the YMCA cancels the program. Participants must complete a Refund/Credit Request form at the Welcome Center.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
YMCA members will always treat staff, equipment and facilities with respect and act in accordance with Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. By signing on as a member of the Y community, those participating in programs or utilizing YMCA facilities pledge to follow all policies and procedures.
The YMCA is a family-friendly Association requiring shirts and shoes throughout the building, except the pool area and designated locker rooms. When in the Wellness Center, members must wear modest, age-appropriate exercise apparel. Open toed shoes are not allowed and apparel that may damage upholstery is not allowed. Vinyl or rubber suits designed to increase perspiration are prohibited. Proper court shoes must be worn on playing surfaces in the gymnasium.
In the case of inclement weather, our facility will adhere to the following policy:
- Aquatics: The Y temporarily delays access to the pool for 20-minutes after any seen or heard lightening strike or clap of thunder. Closures may be announced after consulting local weather service agencies if severe storms are in the area.
- Closing or Delay (Facility): The Y makes every attempt to be open during inclement weather. If you believe a Y facility may be closed due to weather related issues, please look for updates on the homepage of the website or social media.
- Child Care (Preschool and After School): If there is a county school delay, pre-school is still open normal hours. If school is cancelled, the preschool and after school programs are also cancelled.
- Fitness Classes: Scheduled group exercise classes may be modified following Cumberland County School District delays or closures. Please call the YMCA directly to confirm cancellations.
- Youth Sports: The YMCA does not practice or play outdoor sports if temperatures drop below 50 degrees, after a full day of rain or in life-threatening situations. Due to the nature of thunder storms (over quickly) a game/practice may still be held. Check our website for updated information on the homepage.
LOST AND FOUND:
The YMCA is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Please inquire at the Welcome Center if you have lost an item.
YMCA members from North Carolina participating YMCA's have full access to Sandhills facilities (no limits on number of visits)! Please present your YMCA membership card to the front desk for Reciprocity scan in.
VISITORS (AWAY PROGRAM, DAY PASS OR GUEST OF MEMBER):
Visitors are welcome to visit and use our facilities within these established guidelines:
- Members may sponsor up to three guests annually
- A non-member may use the facility up to three times annually by purchasing a day pass
- YMCA members visiting from another branch can use the YMCA up to seven times annually
- All guests over the age of 16 must present valid photo identification for entry
- All guests must complete registration at the Welcome Center
- Youth under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to complete guest registration
Members under the age of 12 (and guests under the age of 14) should be directly supervised by an adult member at all times except when they are participating in a YMCA program. Responsible Y members ages 12-14 may use the facility unaccompanied for up to two hours daily and must abide by all posted age guidelines for equipment or locker room use. All youth (guests or members) 15 and older may use the facility unaccompanied during the Y's operating hours and must abide by all posed age guidelines for equipment or locker room use.
Y NEWS AND EVENTS
Membership Special: Pay the Day
Sign up in January and your total cost to join equals the day of the month! At the Y your membership means more, you have joined a movement that strengthens our community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
Partnering With the Community!
The YMCA and the Cape Fear Botanical Garden partner together to provide "Yoga in the Garden" every Wednesday evening at 6 PM. Classes take place at the Botanical Garden and are free to both YMCA and Botanical Garden members. Call (910) 486-0221 to register ahead of time.
Kids Night Out
Join us on February 18 from 6-10 pm at the Fayetteville Branch YMCA for a festive Kids Night Out event! Pre-registration is required, click here to register online.
Lifeguards for Hire
The Y is hiring for summer 2017 certified Lifeguards in the Fayetteville/Fort Bragg area. Apply today!